Monday, February 16, 2009

My Last Obsessive Psycho Post, I Promise

I’ve been ranting and raving the whole week about the Oliver Twist situation and I promise that next week I’ll try to say something relevant, meaningful or profound and it will not be about men or relationships.

I’ve found a flaw in the “He’s just not that into you” movie. They tell you what it means if he doesn’t call but never ever mention what you should do or what it means if he pitches at your door 5 days later.

As I was watching Oprah yesterday, the doorbell rang. I thought it was one of the beggars or salesmen again, so I peaked through the window. And there he was, I was dumbfounded, speechless, the one and only Oliver Twist. I never expected him to come, because the type of guys I’m used to never do what they say they will. Then I realized how absolutely terrible I look! My hair was in all directions, I had a very unflattering outfit on and the house was a complete mess. I immediately remembered my Grannies words: "A lady should always look het best, you never know who you might meet or run into." Well, too late now. So I opened the door and said hi.

I could talk to him forever, he’s fantastic. I haven’t felt this way before, and I don’t know what to do with all these feelings. One thing I do know is that he can’t know about them, that could make a friendship difficult if not impossible.. I totally freaked out when he left, got myself a glass of red wine just to calm down. I don’t want to move to a new town anymore! I’ve wanted to move for the past 2 years and now I want to stay. Go figure, just my luck. Hope I can make the most of the week I have left… and keep this friendship thing going.

I’m so happy today, it’s a wonderful, wonderful life… I'm glad that I was wrong about him and that there are still guys out there who keep their promises.

Here are the Lyrics to one of my favorite songs, thought I'd share. It’s a South African band called The Parlotones. It’s the most heartfelt love song I’ve ever heard.

BABY BE MINE - Parlotones

If I asked you to lay with me
Would you say you are not in the mood?
If I asked you to pray
Would you refuse cause my intentions aren’t any good?
In a world filled with thieves, killers and cheats
Wanting you shouldn’t be a crime
I am not asking for much
All that I am saying is
BABY BE MINE

If I asked you to dance
Would you lie and say you don’t know how?
If I sent you bad poetry
Would your face crease into a frown?
In a world filled with thieves, killer and cheats
Wanting you shouldn’t be a crime
BABY BE MINE

I am not asking for miracles
I am not asking for promises of your hand
All that I am saying is give me a chance
If I picked you wild flowers
Would you say you are not that type of girl?
If I stared at your photo for hours
Would I be weird and out of this world?
A thousand blue blistering barnacles
All that I ask is for a moment with you
BABY BE MINE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it looks like you are the exception, not the rule! :)

Sam said...

I'm afraid I'm stil the rule! I haven't heard from him since & haven't bought the book yet. So I'm wondering, should I call him? What do you think Ms. Black?