Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The big V-Day...


14 February 2008 is when Valentine's Day finally took a turn for me. And it’s not because I found the love of my life. I’ve always hated V-day. It seems like I always miss the big day, then I feel depressed and alone because everyone is sharing it with someone special except for me. Last year I spent V-day with the Confidant & the Socialite and we had a blast. Good food, good company, champagne, we we’re singing along with the piano player. (Although we shouldn’t be allowed to sing) But it was a perfect V-day.

This year is going to be even better. We’re leaving early tomorrow morning on a Roadtrip! We’re going down to the coast, and will be sleeping in my Grandparents beach house on Friday night and on Saturday we’ll be going to the Bride’s wedding! We’ll be stopping at all my favorite spots on our way there and it’s been ages since the I’ve been at the Beach house, it’s my Happy Place, so I’m really looking forward to it. The Bride decided to get married on V-day because she’s always hated it, and now she’s making it quite a memorable day! Me, the Bride and the Groom we’re talking about being perfect and loving someone the other day. I believe in this quote:

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

~Sam Keen~

The Bride & Groom isn’t perfect, no one is, but they love each other perfectly and I feel so privileged to have had the chance to learn from them. They are amazing people. And their wedding is going to be fabulous, it’s like a mini Varsity reunion! Wish everyone could be there.

So this year I’ll be spending my V-day at a wedding – single but it doesn’t bother me in the least. I’ll be spending it with people I love and isn’t it what V-day is all about. Being with people you love.

This is one of my favourite quotes, and I believe it’s the perfect single girls quote:

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything goes wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles"

~Audrey Hepburn~

What an absolutely classy lady Audrey Hepburn is!

So girls, single and those who have met Mr. Right or even just Mr. Right Now, I hope you have a fabulously exciting V-day. I know I will…

In the very true words of the Legen….. wait for it DAIRY Barney Stinson:

“Taking a date to a wedding is like taking a dear carcass on a hunting trip…”

I’ll let you know how the hunt went on Monday…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roadtrip...fun!!

Mrs. Match said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Valentine's Day. Have fun doing the bunny hop!