Monday, February 16, 2009

HJNTIY


WARNING: I anticipate that this post will include a little bit of cursing.

HJNTIY: The new magic words. He’s just NOT that into you. Fucking genius papa. Yes, you guessed it, I saw the movie last night. And I think all girls, single, longtime boyfriend and married should go see this movie. I’m buying myself the fucking book. (Or at least as soon as I’m in a better financial place, the wedding/roadtrip made a HUGE dent in my budget.)

It all became clear to me last night. My whole dating life I’ve been making excuses for the shitheads I’ve been dating. And it stops now! I’m the rule, not the exception. If he’s not calling it’s not because he’s writing a big exam on Wednesday and doesn’t want to get distracted, it’s because he DOESN’T WANT to call you. If he’s not committing to you, it’s not because he’s come out of a bad relationship and is afraid of commitment; he DOESN’T WANT to commit to you. I know it’s harsh, but we should stop making excuses for them to make ourselves feel better. I’ve done it a hundred times to help a girl friend feel better after she’s been dumped, and my girl friends have done it thousands of times to make me feel better. But it’s actually crueler to do this than to just face reality and move on. I felt a little taken aback at times, in the movie it’s the hard reality. Walking out of the movie, I spotted a couple of girls in tears and my heart went out to them because I knew that they now know that they have been wasting their time. I felt kinda shit as well, I offered friendship to Oliver Twist and he doesn’t even want that. If a guy doesn’t even want your friendship you should really wake up and smell the fucking coffee, I mean really.

So, I’m buying myself that damn book (maybe the movie as well, just to make sure I have it right) and will be using it from now on as my text book to dating. I’ll be saving myself a lot of agony and aggravation if I just stick to the HJNTIY rules. And if HE IS INTO ME I won’t be necessary for me to have to make any excuses for his behavior. I deserve someone that IS INTO ME, we all do.

NEVER LOSE HOPE, he’s out there. I always say my Prince Charming fell of his white horse and is currently residing in ICU, they have to release him at some time right?!

No comments: