Thursday, January 8, 2009

What will the future hold...

"The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone."
-- Orison Swett Marden

I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it’s just really shit that things do happen. I got retrenched, but without the nice retrenchment package, just retrenched. Though you might be thinking that it’s because of the crap state of the economy, although it probably also played a part, it’s because of the selfish, fraud committing Ex Boss. So I got mad at him all over again. There are quite a couple of people that have to get new jobs now, seeing that he has all the profit of the project. And I’ll most probably have to testify in court, the company is laying a criminal charge against him. When things like this happen, this is my quote:

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well."
-- Jack London

This just might be a blessing in disguise; I’ve wanted to move for the past year. And now I have to move. Everyone that moved away was so afraid of the unknown, I can’t wait to be in the unknown. I would love to have the opportunity to make a new start, have new adventures, make new friends, meet new frogs ;-) and just be somewhere no one knows me yet. Everything has gotten to be so predictable.

Now I just have to get that degree, which will hopefully mean a better work for me and doing what I was meant to do. But I’m not gonna lie to you, I’m really scared that I won’t have a work in March. Luckily Superwoman has my back, and if all goes according to plan I’ll also be a beach babe at the beginning of March.

I think I’ll ask my cousin to teach me how to surf, this is bound to be absolutely hilarious. If I don’t get it right, which I probably won’t (I’m no good at water sports) at least I’ll be entertaining the people on the beach, I do love the spotlight!

It’s finally weekend, too bad I have to study. Maybe not, I have this nagging feeling inside me to do something exciting, and for me, exciting usually means trouble. So I’m being a good girl this weekend.

No comments: