Monday, January 19, 2009

Hen’s Party!

A very wise man (My Dad of course) gave me some great advice on Friday night. I was complaining about how tired I was of studying the whole time. I knew exactly what he was going to tell me, or I thought I did. He always tells me how important it is for me to just stay strong and keep studying, until the end. But this time he caught me completely off guard.

My Dad: Put away your books right now, and have fun with your friends the whole weekend.
Me: So I’ll study tonight and then join them on Saturday night and then I’ll study on Sunday again. (Clicking what he just said) What? Not study this weekend? You never tell me not to study. What’s the catch?
MD: Just enjoy the weekend and study hard on Monday again.
Me: Are you drinking or on drugs?
MD: No Sam, I’m not.
Me: (Speechless)

So I put away my books, and had an absolutely fantastic weekend of which you are going to hear every little detail, cause that’s what I do. I also analyze everything. So brace yourself.
The Hen’s party was a huge success thanks to all the effort the Confidant with the Socialite by her side put into it. I would have helped more, but we wanted to surprise the Bride and seeing as I’m living with her I had to be very careful. We dressed her up in a French Maids outfit, gave her a jar and told her to collect money for the wedding in the Mall. She was a great sport and everybody loved her. They then took her to one of the dodgy bars where all the old men bought them loads of shooters.
While they were doing that, I was frantically trying to get the house ready for the party and playing hostess to all the guests. I looked like a chameleon on a skittles wrapper. There was so many things to do, I didn’t know where to start. I had no choice but to start delegating jobs to the guests seeing as the Confidant and Socialite was fucking horribly late picking up the Bride. I was under the impression that they only went to the mall. And Ponsie did inform them that I won’t be happy when I found out they went to a bar without me. As you can imagine, I wasn’t happy, cause I was stressing my ass off while they were drinking and having fun. When they finally arrived at the party, they were all quite tipsy, especially the Bride. But when I saw how happy they all were, and the effort they put in to it make it a success my irritation vanished. The Socialite & Confidant made a punch, quite a lethal one also some jello shots. They dumped almost 5 bottles of vodka in the punch which needed even more energade and sprite to camouflage the vodka taste. Needless to say, the fridge is stocked with punch which will be made into slush puppies for the housewarming. I can even become an alcoholic before my exam on Friday if I wanted to. “They tried to make me go to rehab and I said no, no, no.”
After the party a couple of us, including the bride in her French Maid outfit went out. This was without any doubt the best part of my weekend. Thanks to all the froggies who were in complimentary mode, I felt absolutely gorgeous all night long. Unfortunately also violated at times, but I’ll tell in excruciating detail about it tomorrow!
Our poor “Domestic Worker” (in SA you may not use maid), is having one hell of a bad day at work. The house is covered in popped condoms, Bananas covered with condoms, streamers that got wet and stained everything and unfortunately the hubbly coal burnt a great fat hole into the carpet, but I haven’t shown anyone that yet. I’m hoping the DM will do some miracle today and fix it, she’s is an absolute angel but I don’t think even she’s gonna save me from the carpet disaster. Oh shit you say, exactly my worlds. But I’m not letting anything spoil my blissfully wonderful weekend, so I’m choosing to ignore the problem until I'm asked about it. Don't think I'll be using the hubbly inside the house again.

No comments: