Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday Continued...

Durban

I love going to Durban. The shopping is great, the people are chill and you’re always guaranteed a good tan. I spent the week at my Aunt’s, she’s my Superwoman. I just love her too bits. My Mom died when I was 15, and she became my second Mom, Aunt, best friend and role model. She really is one hell of a woman. Everyone likes her, she’ll do anything to help the people she loves and even those she doesn’t. And best of all, she excepts me and loves me just the way I am, even though I can be kinda obsessive and crazy at times. I spent the whole week only moving between the pool, Jacuzzi and getting toasty in the sun. People from the Free State tend to overdo it when they get to the coast, so I became a lovely shade of red two days into my holiday. Luckily I haven’t started peeling, so I think I just might keep my tan. (My Granny told me that I look healthy for a change! I thought that I did look healthy, pale was the new tan for me, or apparently maybe it wasn’t). It was great being with them. Unfortunately, my Uncle who parties like a 20 year old, (although this sound pretty fun, and I love partying with him, it stops being fun when he also acts like a 20 year old.) He’s leaving my Aunt. I suppose he wants to get himself a 20 year old to party with. They say the grass is always greener on the other side. I think I know why, it’s because there’s always more shit on the other side to keep the grass nice and green. I don’t understand why he’s doing this. Why would you leave Superwoman? How do you just wake up one morning and tell the person you have 2 children with and been married to for 18 years that you just one day stopped loving them? I’ve always thought that the foundation you build a marriage on is friendship. How do you stop loving a friend? I’ve always wanted to get married, but now I’m seriously reconsidering it. Anyway, so the first week turned out to be kind off a fuck up.

Knysna

Knysna is a beautiful town on the garden route in the Cape. It was nice to see it, but if I could choose I would spend only two days there. It’s too busy; the traffic is hectic during December because the town doesn’t have the infrastructure for so many people, especially not from Gauteng. With the way those people drive, going to town is a terrifying experience. We spent the week with the step family. I was the first holiday we had together. I think it went particularly well, considering the absolutely different way we were brought up. My Stepmother is very, very against drinking. And I like to drink, I like to party and when I do, I don’t go home until the sun is shining. As you can imagine this was a potential problem. Her offspring also does it, they just hide it. I don’t. I would rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not. However to keep the peace, I behaved. We only went out one night and I had one hell of a good time batting all the youthful little frogs trying to get me to kiss them. At one stage I actually started feeling quite old. It seemed to me that everyone was younger than 20. The Arty sis was missing her boyfriend so she was telling all the little frogs that she’s getting engaged next year and redirected them to me and the Little Sis. Little Sis was having a ball, while I was trying to get rid of all the kids. Although I am a firm believer of getting him young so that you can raise him perfectly, I wasn’t up for it. I was supposed to be resting, not working! Seeing as I hadn’t learned my lesson the first time, I burned again. This time only my legs. I looked like a crayfish. This wasn’t entirely my fault. Before we went to the beach, I only had time to put some body lotion on my legs. What I didn’t take into consideration was the fact that my body lotion contained oil. Big, Big mistake.

So that was my holiday, all over now. I have to study for my re-assessment, when I get home from work every damn day. Having a bit of difficulty doing that, but it’s my last one for my degree, so I’m gonna study hard. I think I’m driving my new housemate crazy, I’ve got so much too say the last couple of days. Work’s boring, and my brain is in absolute overdrive. I miss all my BFF’s, I have 4. I’ve been thinking a lot about the Accountant and how fun and interesting he was. He’s really not my type, well considering that my type is not a good type, I should really consider changing it. I’d like to have him as a friend, and have as much fun again as we did my last night in J-bay. I can’t do more than friendship at this stage. But I’m afraid that if I get his number and call him, he might get the wrong impression. When I finally passed out that night, he thought I was sleeping and he kissed me on my forehead. Now I don’t want to read too much into this, that’s normally not good for starting a friendship, but well… Anyhow, that’s why I miss the Confidant, Damselfly, Socialite and Partner in Crime so much, they would have told me what to do and then I would have gone and done exactly the opposite. Hey, don’t judge! It’s the way I make decisions. But now I’m not sure what the opposite is. So now I’m trying to blog this thing out, hmmmmm. What to do…

No comments: