Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If you can afford me

I think that when it comes to men, a lot of girls tend to settle for a lot less than they should. Sometimes you just get tired of it all and you decide that this just might be as good as it gets.
Well Ladies, let me tell you, I also miss being held and having someone tell me I’m gorgeous, interesting and fantastic. But you should never ever settle for second best. I read somewhere that you shouldn’t wait for someone to bring you flowers, you should plant your own garden and decorate you own soul. This all sounds very good and inspiring in theory, but lets face it, it doesn’t quite work in real life. In real life you want to feel a hot summers kiss, you want to feel the sweat after the body bliss, you want your eyes to meet a romantic glare, you want to feel the numbness of your skin after you’ve felt the warmest touch, feel the blood pumping through your body after the body rush and find a friend who’s voice you’d know anywhere. (Stolen from Jann Arden’s Insensitive, very cool song. Check it out) If this is NOT how you feel, it’s NOT as good as it’s going to get for you, cause there’s something much better out there for you.
I’ve tried to get this from one night stands, but you only feel it so intensely as you should if you’re with someone special, someone who knows you and gets you. I’m prone to try and get as much as I can of these things in a one night stand, and it’s not the physical things I’m after, it’s the closeness and intimacy I crave. Knowing this, I’m seriously working on my commitment issues, cause I’m getting tired of kissing Prince Charmings that turn out to be Frogs. Damn, they’re clever little bastards those Prince Charmings, you only find out their real nature when your already in over your head. I’m currently not dating, because of this. But I don’t want to be a bitter old spinster lady at the youthful age of almost 24. So I’m keeping my options open and I’ve decided that when it comes to bars and clubs, meeting men should be done very cautiously. In the very wise word of Ms. Perry:

If you can afford me – Katy Perry

If you want me, a cherry on top,

The pick of the peck, The crème de la crop.
If you want me you better do better than that tonight.

If you want me, it takes more than a wink,
And more than a drink and more than you think.
If you want me you're gonna have to break the bank, tonight.

'Cause some don't have the patience,
Some call me high-maintenance
But you pay the bill, 'cause, that's the deal.

If you wanna ride, just name your price,
And don't play cheap with your heart
Don't make a bet if you can't write the cheque, for me, for me.

'Cause I can be bought,
but you'll pay the cost
If you can afford me

If you want me, I'm not a piece of ass,
A one night stand, a storage shed
I think you better walk by, tonight

If you want me, then stop begging
I don't put out for charity
If you want me there's no discount price tonight.

But I don't need your dollar bills
I just want something real
'Cause nothing's free, except a lovin' me


So ladies, there you have it. Your worth much, so much more than even you might think. You should never settle for something if you believe in your heart that there’s something better out there for you. Beware of Bars, Clubs and the one night stands that go with them if the only thing you really want is the hug at the end. If your only looking for some fun, enjoy every ecstatic moment of the one night stand just remember the wise words written on a sign above a mirror in a women’s restroom, Ed Debevic’s, Beverly Hills, CA:

You’re too good for him

Lastly, some advice from the sexy Dr. Alex Karev (Grey's Anatomy)

For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something.
You want it to be with someone you can't get out of your head,
so that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere.
A kiss so hot and so deep you never want to come up for air.
You can't cheat your first kiss. Trust me, you don't want to.
Cause when you find that right person for a first kiss, it's everything.

No comments: