Thursday, November 27, 2008

How NOT to start your day...

I woke up at 3 this morning, not because I wanted to, but because a whole army of Mossies were attacking me. You'll ask how do I know it was an army and I'll tell you that it's completely impossible for only one Mossie to do that much damage. I decided to read, with all the itching I couldn't go back to sleep.

Going to the Varsity first thing in the morning is another bad, very bad idea. I finally know what that Afrikaans "idioom - van bakboord na stuurboord" means. I trampled all over the varsity, cause I couldn't find parking anywhere or even remotely find someone to help me with my academic dilemma. I had on heals, bad idea number 2. Now my feet are killing me and I have to walk barefoot in the office. These shoes were definitely not made for walking. It wasn't all bad though, I flirted myself out of an additional R300 tuition fee. Damn, I've still got it, if I wasn't in such a hurry I think Mr. Tuition Enquiries would have scraped the whole thing. However I still need to go back, I still need no go do all the things I went for in the first place. Ahhh, how nice to have such competent people working for the Varsity. I need to thank my honours department, they were extremely helpful and even called me back about my enquiry.

Now for the good news, I'll be enjoying a 5 course meal with the Housemates and their parents tonight. I can wait! A whole lot of my favourite people together, what more can you ask for?!

This weekend will be our last weekend as Housemates, which makes me really sad but also excited for everything that lies ahead. The Socialite is becoming a farmer for the next year (can you believe!). We'll be applying for "Boer soek 'n man (frog)" as soon as the applications come out! The Confidant is moving to J'bay (Leke free Holidays for me!) where she'll meet a philosophic surfer frog and fall madly in love. Or not, she'll probably find a Boerseun, I know her too well. As for me, I don't have a definitive plan yet, but I do have until February to find one. I think my luck is going to change in the year ahead. Bette Middler said: "I've been lucky before, I'll be lucky again."

No comments: