Friday, November 21, 2008

Dating Enemies

If having a date in the nearby future depends on me and my cellphone, it aint gonna happen baby. The last two months or so I've had terrible luck. At first I just thought it was a coincidence, but seeing as it's strike two now, I'm starting to doubt it.

Awhile back, I met a really nice frog. Gave him my number, but he mixed up the numbers and got it wrong. Then we saw each other again, he asked me to put in in myself, which I did, but drunken me switched two of the numbers, and he had the wrong number again. He called me to go out, but as you can figure no answer. So I ASSUMED that he just wasn't that into me, because I haven't heard anything from him. Which brings me to my next point, "Assumption is the mother of all F*ck-ups" The Socialite saw him one night, they started chatting and she came to the bottom of the whole f*ck-up. Strike One!

A few months back, the Socialite dragged me out to go have coctails with some of her Joburg friends, that's where I met the Joburg Frog. He has really good manners, pays for everything like a gentleman should and is not too bad on the eye. We clicked really good, and when they're in town me & the socialite join them for drinks. Nothing serious, we didn't have each others numbers until the last time they were here. He asked me to have lunch with him the next day, I agreed and said I would let him know how late and where. My next big mistake was not calling him but texting him. I heard nothing back and ASSUMED again that he probably was drunk the previous night and couldn't remember about the lunch. Again, Assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups The Socialite cleared this up for me once again when she went for drinks with them last night. She confronted him head on:

Socialite: You stood up my Friend

He then told her that he had gotten my text, sent one back (which I didn't receive) even called me (which for some reason didn't go through), he repeated the whole thing 3 times just to let her know that he didn't stand me up. Strike two!

My Cellphone has some kind of terrible grudge against me, so I'm going to e-mail him now. Just to make sure that there isn't a strike 3.

Well, ahoy maties, it's of to the Under Da Sea party I go!

No comments: