Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Prince Frog Theory

At a braai the past weekend the Prince Frog Theory was born. I just discovered blogging, find it absolutely divine and decided that I might as well start a blog to kill some extra time seeing that I will be living alone for the next month.

We were all sitting around the Fire on Saturday when the Socialite (also Housemate) decided to grace us with a joke. It was kind of a knock-knock type of Joke, so here goes:

Socialite: When does a Frog meet his Princess?

Ofcourse no one answers, cause everybody is still tired from the previous night and trying to motivate themselves to go for a second night to get the most out of the weekend. But this doesn't bother the Socialite in the least.

Socialite: After the Princess has had more than five drinks! Hahahahaha! Get it? Hahahahahahaaaaaaa

My first thought was, only five drinks, what a cheap night.

Thus started the joking about the 2 boys who also woke up in our house on Saturday morning. I'll have to give some background now. We are 3 girls living together, we know each other from varsity and decided to move in together. The Confidant's (Also Housemate) Brother and his Wife came to visit from PE, me and the Socialite were told to be on our best behaviour, meaning no boys over the weekend. We had the best of intentions but after a couple of glasses of Red wine, some shooters and I think Whisky and Brandy, all good intentions flew out of the window or should I rather say beds.

The Socialite was smart and dediced to leave before anyone got home, so only I knew that there was a boy that had fallen through her roof. Me on the other hand, made the mistake of arriving with the rest of the crowd. So Prince Charming (or so I thought) got the French Inquisition. The Brother took his brotherly duty really serious and decided that he would stand in for me, seeing that I don't really have a brother (a story for another time). Prince Charming was asked about his financial position while the Wife just wanted to know if Prince Charming had kissed me yet. After I finally got the newly married couple to bed, who were immensly enjoying my discomfort, we could go to bed as well.

The following morning I had one hell of a time trying to wake up Prince Charming, because I had to go sunbed. Which for those of you that don't know, is absolutely the worst idee after a night of partying. I got him out before anyone woke up, avoiding another French Inquisition.

I saw him that night again, and he was a complete ass, therefore converting him from Prince Charming to Prince Frog.

From that night on we will be referring to all boys as Frogs.

No comments: