Wednesday, December 10, 2008

To my unborn "Kinderen" someday...


You know that deja vu feeling that you suddenly get while doing something else, we’ll that happened to me while I was reading some of the archives from Peas’s blog. In the blog she was giving advice to her future children and after some serious searching in my own mind archives it all came back to me.
At Varsity me and the Tripod (Damselfly & Partner in Crime), after illegally drinking in our hostel rooms decided to make a video for our kids to give them advice when they go to Varsity. We made the video with The Damselfly’s cell phone. I really can only remember bits and pieces of that video, I recall telling my future daughter not be a slut like Mommy. Can’t even remember what the other 2 had said, would love to see that video again… as well as all the others we made. Needless to say, they will NEVER see that video’s.
The whole aspiring video maker thing actually gave me quite a scare. Facebook had a virus & I got countless messages telling me that there is a video of me and my friends on you tube. So, not knowing this, I completely freaked out, cause “oh f*ck I’m one of the new hits on you tube”. Fortunately before I called the whole family to apologize in advance for my horrid behavior and for dragging the family name through the mud, one of my friends told me it’s only a virus. Saved, for now!!! Hope I don't get famous, then those babies are bound to surface.

Now in a much more sober state of mind, I’m will be giving my kids some advice that they probably won’t be allowed to read.

My “kinderen”
1. It’s important to know that alcohol enhances peoples look. He/She won’t be that good looking or charming the next day.
2. You don’t have to kiss al the Frogs/ Frogletts to find your Prince/Princess, be selective, some are reaaaaally bad kissers.
3. A reputation isn’t always a good thing, especially a bad one. You don’t have to be notorious cause all publicity isn’t necessarily good publicity.
4. Pick your poison (drink of choice), If you mix, you’ll feel terrible the next day.
5. Shooters are loads of fun, but their very, very, very Bad for you.
6. Brandy has 2 reactions. It makes you very loveable or very aggressive, both should be considered dangerous.
7. Drinking and Dialing is just as dangerous as the above mentioned.
8. Study hard, it’s no fun doing a 3 year course in 5 years. Trust Mommy on this one.
9. Girls: Never steal one of the men’s hostels fish, bird baths, tires etcetera and then tell them about it, some things should be kept a secret. Don’t get caught either.
10. Boys: Girls can & will seduce you, be careful of this one. Mommy doesn’t want your girlfriend's hysterical parents ranting and raving about an unplanned pregnancy. In other words, keep it inside your shorts Buster.
I have lots more wisdom to share with you, but Mommy wants you to process this first so that you don’t get confused and mix it up.

All my Love
Mommy

2 comments:

Ms. Pink Zebra said...

haha!! those are great! that is true wisdom. :) I wish I would have known #8 when I was a tike. Maybe than I wouldn't be in my current problem.

I enjoy the blog. Can't wait for more. :)

Sam said...

Hey Ms.PZ, thanx! You are officially my first real follower. The other one is one of my BFF and she follows the blog cause it's my new passion and she wants to be supportive. I'm only have one subject left and then I'll finally have my degree! But because the parties were just too much fun at varsity, I got myself in quite a problem as well. Don't worry, it sorts itself out eventually. I'm a big believer in "things happen for a reason". Just keep working hard and get that degree!