Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In the Summertime...


I just love Summer even though it's so bloody hot at the moment I can hardly breath. In the Summer everything and everyone (wink wink) just feels possible. I'm leaving for the coast in 4 days for a fabulous 3 weeks of beach, sun, braai, cocktails, everything that goes with summer in SA. I just love SA summers. I really do feel for the people that's not going away or has to work, but I deserve a holiday after this horrific year. And I'm gonna enjoy every single moment of it, no one's gonna spoil it for me, not even The Step mom. (Step mom - That's an entire blog on it's own). I decided to make a list of my Top 20 Summer Hits, in no specific order, here they come:


1. In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
"In the summertime when the weather's high, you can stretch right up and touch the sky"

2. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes

"...if you like Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain"

3. Kokomo - The Beach Boys

"Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you"

4. Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters

"We'll be havin' some fun."

5. I like to move it - Madagaskar Soundtrack

"I like to move it, move it (3x). Ya like to move it"

6. Hot Summer - Monrose

"they're placing met here in the bad girl section..."

7. Summer Nights - Grease Soundtrack

"Summer lovin' had me a blast Summer lovin', happened so fast"

8. Carolina - Shaggy (nice beach song)

9. Cruel Summer - Bananarama (sometimes it can be)

10. Soak up the Sun - Sheryl Crow (I'm gonna be golden brown when I return, yeah!)

11. Summer in the City - Loving Spoonful (Going to Durbs)

12. Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams (Just Because)

13. Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - Bryan Hyland (I have one of these)

14. Boys of Summer - Don Henley (Just love them)

15. Use your Love - Katy Perry (I intend to)

16. Kiss the girl - Little Mermaid Soundtrack (Ooooh, Yes please)

17. California Girls - Beach Boys (Or South African girls)

18. I wanna dance with somebody - Whitney Houston (Just love to dance)

19. So What - Pink (The song rocks)

20. Mamma Mia Soundtrack - Everything on it. (Just makes you wanna break out in song)

No comments: